VOICE program honored by Food Bank of Northern Nevada
May 19, 2017
VOICE, a program that assists students with disabilities obtain employment, was honored by the Food Bank of Northern Nevada for its volunteer efforts with the organization.
The Food Bank of Northern Nevada's Volunteer Appreciation Night recognized the top 16 Food Bank volunteer groups for 2016. VOICE participants personally donated 216 collective hours packing perishable and non-perishable food for distribution through the Food Bank's network of food pantries.
VOICE, a program within the Vocational Rehabilitation office at Nevada's Department of Employment, Training and Rehabilitation (DETR), is designed to assist students with disabilities ages 18-22 to obtain competitive, integrated employment through a partnership with area high schools, said Shelley Hendren, administrator for the Rehabilitation Division.
Trending In: News Briefs
- Nugget Casino Resort starts next phase of renovaton project
- Commercial real estate transactions for week of March 19-23
- Nevada Demographer’s Office reports state population continues to grow
- Bureau of Land Management reports results from oil and gas sales
- Atlantis Casino Resort Spa now offers charitable slots