NNDA hands out Pioneer Awards in Carson City
Northern Nevada Development Authority on presented its Pioneer awards April 7 with Bill Miles of Miles Constructionwas named Pioneer of the Year for his efforts to improve the Sierra Region.
He was presented the Golden Hammer Award (in partnership with the Nevada Builder’s Alliance) for the Carson City MAC facility.
• The Battle Born Award for Best Green Practices: Full Circle Soils and Compost for recycling, sustainable agriculture and green education.
• The Boundary Peak Award for Outstanding Non-profit of the Year: Capital City CIRCLES Initiative for giving people tools to raise themselves and families out of poverty.
• The Comstock Award for innovator of the year: Server Technology, which was awarded eight patents for technologies dealing with data centers in 2015.
• The Doc Holliday award for Best Health Care Initiative: Nevada Rural Hospital Partners for facilitating legislation allfor licensed health care workers to provide tele-health services to patients.
• The Homestead Award for Best Agriculture Initiative: Bently Heritage for growing all grains and botanicals needed for their new Bently Heritage Distillary.
• The Kit Carson Award for Entrepreneur of the Year to Basin and Range Organics for obtaining the credentials to certify organic producers and handlers in the state.
• The Mark Twain Award for Best Marketing Campaign : Greater Nevada Credit Union for its “next step” campaign to increasing awareness in northern Nevada markets.
• The Pony Express award for Best Community Involvement: Dr. Cary Jaques, for working with the regional Health and Wellness Hub initiative for dental care to the elderly, veterans and young children.
• The Silver Apple Award for Educator of the year to Western Nevada College’s Jump Start College allowing dual enrollment in college for high school students.
• The Silver Spur Award for Employee of the Year to Kathy McIntosh, Silver Safe Food Pantry.
• The Silver State Award for Most Outstanding Student to Caleb Holley for developing a garden club at Sutro Elementary School.
• The Wagon Wheel Award for Best New Technology to Server Technology Inc., for obtaining eight patents on data center technologies.
When corporations relocate to Reno and need to find luxury temporary housing for C-suite executives and project managers who are in the area to lead change management and enterprise relocation, PKL Homes can cater to their needs. #ad