Greater Nevada Credit Union
September 8, 2017
Charles Powell has been named project manager for Greater Nevada Credit Union (GNCU).
Powell has more than 25 years experience in public service where he previously worked for the Department of Public Safety with the State of Nevada, with roles including operations, research and development, and administration. He also served 24 years in the U.S. Army/Army National Guard as an information security officer/system administrator and as a chief warrant officer. Powell's military career also included serving as a Ranger, helicopter pilot and combat adviser.
Powell earned a Bachelor of Science degree in information systems from the University of Nevada, Reno and a Master of Science degree in Project Management from Walden University. He also is a certified Project Management Professional (PMP) and a Certified Information System Security Professional (CISSP).
Trending In: People
- Reno’s Melissa Molyneaux: ‘I have always loved learning about people’
- Reno’s Shoppers Square: Summer 2018 upgrades decades in the making
- Clean energy jobs on rise, growing economy in Northern Nevada and beyond
- Nonprofit Spotlight: Urban Roots
- 2 Carson Valley tourism businesses change hands, totaling $7 million in sales