Six leave Bank of the West for Business Bank in Reno
A group of six bankers left Bank of the West to become the nucleus of an expanded Business Bank of Nevada lending center in south Reno.
Among those jumping ship was John Sizemore, who’d worked seven years as a senior vice president and commercial banking manager for Bank of the West. He’ll manage commercial banking services for Business Bank in Reno.
A spokeswoman for San Francisco-based Bank of the West said interim staff will maintain full services in Reno while the company recruits new staff.
Along with Sizemore, bankers making the move include:
* Bob Underwood, who spent seven years with Bank of the West and will work as senior vice president and branch relationship manager for Business Bank.
* Frank Young, who will become a vice president and commercial lender after six years with Bank of the West.
* Kim Bartlett, who will become assistant vice president and relationship manager after seven years in financial sales with Bank of the West.
* Lilia Papa, who will be assistant vice president and credit analyst after about 10 years in similar positions with Bank of the West.
* Martin Livermore, who worked seven years for Bank of the West and becomes a vice president and senior relationship manager.
Business Bank, recently acquired by City National Bank, typically has expanded only when experienced bankers were available to staff new operations.
“It’s not very often that you get the opportunity to hire an entire team of banking professionals,” said Jerry Gregory, who oversees Business Bank operations in northern Nevada.
“As I’ve said repeatedly, the virus — and our personal actions to help mitigate its spread — drives the timeline,” Sisolak said in a Monday statement.