Winners of chamber and SBA awards for excellence
Honored with the Reno-Sparks Chamber of Commerce Salute to Excellence awards were:
* Tanamera Apartment Homes, customer service excellence.
* Advance Installations Inc, environmental excellence.
* John Ascuaga’s Nugget, gaming excellence and Up With Sparks award.
* Nevada Air National Guard, nonprofit excellence.
* Mountain Family RV, retail excellence.
* Sierra Pacific Power, Up with Reno award.
* ITS Logistics, industrial excellence.
* SOS Staffing Services, workforce investment award.
Small Business Excellence awards were made to:
* Richard Stumbo, a retired financial executive, final services advocate of the year.
* Leslie Mix, president and chief executive officer of the Hispanic Chamber of Commerce, minority small business advocate of the year.
* Julio Cisneros, news director for Aztec America Channel 68, small business journalist of the year.
* Susan Jamerson, small business research advocate of the year.
* Nevada State Development Corp., economic independence award for lending activity by a certified development company.
* Department of Veteran Affairs, freedom award for provide procurement opportunities for small business.
“We still have a lot of people who are desperate, who are waiting, and our commitment to them remains strong,” Barbara Buckley told The Nevada Independent.