Where to call about West Nile

To report sick or dead birds, call:

• The state Department of Agriculture at: (775) 688-1182, ext. 231.

• The Carson City Health Department at 887-2190.

Do not report dead sparrows, as they are too small to test, or dead pigeons, according to the Carson City Health Department. Reports must be within 12-24 hours of the bird's death.

For public health questions:

• Statewide - 1-888-608-4623

• Carson City - 887-2190

• Washoe County - 328--2434

For animal health questions:

• Statewide: (775) 688-1182, ext. 232


Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.

Sign in to comment