The Northern Nevada Business Weekly’s 2021 Best In Business contest is set to return this month with the nomination period kicking off Wednesday, Aug. 18.The contest will be available at nnbw.com/bestinbusiness2021 — here are some of the key details for this year:
- As in previous years, the 2021 contest will be broken into two phases: a nomination period and a voting period, both of which will be handled by an independent third-party platform through the NNBW website (no paper ballots will be accepted; it’s all digital).
- The nomination period runs from 12:01 a.m. Aug. 18 through 11:59 p.m. Sept. 7, during which readers can nominate any person or business in any of the 18 categories.
- Once the nomination period wraps, NNBW staff will spend time weeding through the entries to ensure accuracy.
- Next, the voting period is scheduled for Sept. 22 through Oct. 5, during which time readers can vote once per day for their favorite nominee in each of the 18 categories.
- After Oct. 5, NNBW staff will tally up the votes and announce 10 finalists for each category in November — this means we’ll have a total of 180 finalists.
- To wrap it all up, all 18 winners (including second and third place) will be announced Dec. 29, 2021, both on our website and within the 2022 Northern Nevada Book of Lists, the 14th annual edition of our marquee special section that’s scheduled to publish the same day.
You can go here to view the full list of winners
from the 2020 Best In Business contest. HOW TO NOMINATE
Following is a breakdown of the 18 categories for 2021:PEOPLE
- Most Influential Professional (Thought Leaders)
- New Nevada Innovator (Movers & Shakers)
- Leader To Know (High Profile)
BEST IN BUSINESS
- Most Sustainable Company (Green & Earth Friendly)
- Most Philanthropic Company (Community Give-Back)
- Most Diverse Company (Workforce Diversity)
To nominate, starting Aug. 18, go to nnbw.com/bestinbusiness2021, click or tap each of the three main categories, enter the full name and correct spelling of who you want to nominate in each subcategory, provide a photo and brief description of why that person or company is deserving, and submit.Questions? Please reach out to NNBW Associate Publisher Melissa Saavedra at email@example.com or Editor Kevin MacMillan at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Best Accounting Firm
- Best Law Firm
- Best Bank//SBA Lender
- Best Credit Union
- Best Loan & Title Company
- Best Construction Company/Firm
- Best Commercial Real Estate Company
- Best Residential Real Estate Company
- Best Hospital & Healthcare Provider
- Best Commercial/Residential Developer
- Best Manufacturing/Logistics Company
- Best Technology Company/Firm