The Desert Research Institute Foundation, based in Nevada, this month announced the addition of a several of long-time community leaders to its Board of Trustees.
Further, the board elected the following individuals as officers of the board for two-year terms, dating back to Jan. 1, 2021: Michael Benjamin, Chair; Nora James, Vice-Chair; and Kenneth G. Ladd II, Treasurer.
According to a March 2 press release, Benjamin is a serial entrepreneur presently involved in medical technology, marketing and farming; James is a long-time writer and editor; and Ladd, in addition to serving as the Chair of the Board for Nevada HAND, is a retired national bank executive.
The DRI Foundation also welcomed the following new trustees to the board, serving four-year terms:
“We are proud to welcome the new trustees to the DRI Foundation Board and congratulate our outstanding current trustees as they take on greater responsibility in their new leadership roles as officers,” Dr. Kumud Acharya, DRI President, said in a statement. “The combined experience and skills of our Board members will be invaluable in making lasting contributions toward supporting the overall mission of environmental stewardship through focused broader outreach, private philanthropy and ambassadorship.”
- Mark Foree, General Manager at Truckee Meadows Water Authority
- Mary Kay Gallagher, Philanthropist and Trustee of the Tom and Mary Gallagher Foundation
- Steve Hill, Chief Executive Officer of the Las Vegas Convention and Visitors Authority
- Stephanie Kruse, Founder and Chair of the Board at KPS3
- Kristin McMillan Porter, Senior Advisor at the Porter Group LLC