Carson City Health Department’s food-service inspections for July 12. All scores are on a 100-point scale, with points deducted depending on the severity of violations:
• Casino Fandango, Duke’s Steak House Bar, 3800 S. Carson St., scored 100 points.
• Casino Fandango, Rum Jungle Buffet, 3800 S. Carson St., scored 100 points.
• Casino Fandango, Duke’s Steak House, 3800 S. Carson St., scored 99 points. The ice paddle at the main ice machine was improperly stored on top of the unit.
• Casino Fandango, Ti Amo Italian Restaurant, 3800 S. Carson St., scored 98 points. The ice machine had biofilm build-up around the ice chute inside the lower half of the unit. The ice paddle was found stored improperly on top of the ice machine.
• Sassafras, 318 N. Carson St., scored 98 points. The shelf inside the fryer unit was unclean with grease build-up. There was water build-up inside the pizza reach-in. There was grease and food debris accumulated between the grill units. The shelf under the hot holding unit is unclean with grease build-up. The shelving above the dishwasher used to store clean utensils is not clean. The chlorine sanitizer concentration in the cloth storage bucket was at 10 parts per million, corrected on site. Wet wiping cloths used on the cook and preparation lines were not being stored in the sanitizer solution between uses.
• Super Burrito, 1250 S. Carson St., scored 98 points. A carton of milk dated for use by June 29 was found. A white bag of chilies stored directly on the floor in the dry storage room was found.
• EZ Market, 262 W. Winnie Lane, scored 97 points. One carton of eggs had a past due expiration date. The health permit for 2013 was not posted in a prominent location.
• Ivey’s Snowcones, 905 Highland Drive, scored 97 points. There was not a certified food handler present at the time of inspection.
• The Grill at Mo & Sluggo’s, 110 W. Telegraph St., scored 95 points. There was no measurable chlorine sanitizer residual during the final rinse cycle of the dishwasher, corrected on site. There was no measurable Quat sanitizer residual in the wiping cloth storage bucket, corrected on site.
• McDonald’s, 3344 N. Carson St., scored 85 points. The reach-in holding packaged cinnamon buns, bulk cheese and prepared salad greens has an ambient temperature of 58.8 to 59 degrees. A chemical sanitizer spray bottle was stored directly above the customer French fry containers, corrected on site. There was a leak in the cabinet under the customer soda machine. There was no measurable chlorine sanitizer residual in the wiping cloth storage container, corrected on site. There was biofilm build-up around the perimeter of the ice chute inside the main ice machine. The front edge of the deflector shield was dirty. The plastic door on the front of the ice machine was broken and exposing Styrofoam to customer ice. Hard to reach corners of the floor in the kitchen were dirty. Floor sinks in the kitchen were dirty.
Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.
Sign in to comment